Education is one of the basic factors which play a vital role in the development of a country. Education also combats unemployment, confirms sound foundation of social equity, awareness, tolerance, self-esteem and spread of political socialization and cultural vitality.
Like many other developing countries, the situation of Pakistan’s education sector has not been very encouraging due to poverty, unemployment, over-population and slow pace of economic development in the country. Current education rate is 59.6 %, and the situation in the rural area is even worst particularly in girls’ education. Country immediately needs to invest more resources to improve the infrastructure of basic education, create awareness and mobilize the society at the grass root level, years of endeavors. Such high impact interventions in education have been achieved in partnerships with various UN-Agencies, INGOs and Government Institutions.
- 90,000 Children educated and enrolled in government schools
- Capacity built of 3,750 (3,069 Male & 766 Female) Teachers to improve quality teaching and enabling learning environment
- Formed & strengthened 730 School Committees ( 465 Parent Teacher Committees (PTCs), 120 Taleemi Islahi Jirga’s (TIJs)& 145 School Management Committees (SMCs)) in deprived & disaster prone districts to enhancement community participation
- Rehabilitated Infrastructure of 290 Government Schools to provide Safe and Conducive Environment for 43,500 children
- Provided essential School Supplies in 510 Government Schools to ensure quality teaching & learning abilities of Students
- Established 50 Community/Temporary education learning centers for Children to enhancement of enrollment
- 14000 Parents (7000 Mothers and 7000 Fathers) oriented on importance of reading skills
- 4900 rural women graduated to increase the literacy rate in remote areas